After realizing that the hospitality industry has a problem with efficient management of inventory and purchasing orders, the founders of Avisio identified a solution that would allow them to digitize and simplify the chaotic and outdated process of keeping inventory and purchasing food, beverages, and supplies.
A comprehensive inventory management suite tailored to hospitality needs would allow hoteliers to lower procurement costs and keep track of their stock by automatically updating purchase volumes based on sold products and bought goods. This would grant hoteliers drastically improved insight into their inventory, help them predict future needs, save time, and make informed decisions.
Key challenging areas:
- Building a functional MVP in four months
- Improving usability to take away the complexity from the user
- Creating a purchasing software that is able to visualize price comparisons and sends orders to suppliers
- Developing an inventory management suite that includes stocktaking, delivery check-ins, and stock take out functionalities
- Establishing a complex inventory database to facilitate analysis and decision making
- Accessing a partner company’s master data through a WebService